What if we told you there’s a simple and affordable way to get a 20% increase in page visits, more than double the visitor’s time on your page, and boost conversions manifold?
That indeed sounds too good to be true, but whiteboard animations have made it possible! With such large improvements in traffic and retention coupled with improved conversions, effective whiteboard animations have become the holy grail for marketers!
Do you want to learn how to use their power for your business? Keep reading to find everything you need to know about whiteboard animations and how you can apply them.
What are whiteboard animations?
Whiteboard animations are a video style where animated content appears as though it is being hand-drawn live on a white background throughout the video. They are also called animated doodling or video scribing as they mimic an artist’s drawing on a whiteboard.
Whiteboard animations usually follow a storyline and include a sequence of graphics and audio that are interesting, concise, and easily understandable. They are very popular in marketing as they help you present complex information about your offering quickly in a simple and engaging manner with an extra human touch.
Owing to their versatility, whiteboard animations can be used on the website, landing pages, blogs, social media, landing pages, emails, and even TV ads. They also apply to most offerings but are most commonly used when-
- You need to cover a boring and time-taking subject
- You want to reuse your old audio or text content in new ways
- You need to explain a complex idea and convince your audience
- You want to tell an interesting story to engage your audience
- You need to cover a lot of ideas in one go
- You need to introduce a new and complex offering
Benefits of whiteboard animations
Whiteboard animations are surely the way to go if you want to give a concise and memorable message that quickly convinces and converts your audience.
They are known to raise website traffic by around 20%, raise visitors’ time on the site by 2.6 times, and also boost conversions on landing pages. Going into further detail, here are all the benefits of including whiteboard animations in your video marketing strategy-
- Versatility and reach– A whiteboard animation offers unlimited possibilities, and the only limit is your imagination! You can use it to promote nearly anything in multiple styles and post it on popular digital platforms like blogs, landing pages, webinars, YouTube, Instagram, etc., to leverage their wide reach.
- Shareability– Whiteboard animation videos can be shared easily on social media and other platforms to help drive brand awareness and engagement. The easy shareability can exponentially boost your reach as every impressed viewer may share it with multiple others.
- Memorability– Whiteboard explainer videos are memorable as they are engaging and easily understandable. They reap the effectiveness of visual learning to ensure viewers retain crucial information for a long time.
- Affordability– The exact price of a whiteboard video depends on various factors. But hand-drawn whiteboard animations are usually much cheaper than live video recordings or advanced 3D animations.
- Convincing power– Whiteboard animations are exceptionally appealing and persuasive for almost every type of audience due to their catchy graphics and engaging storyline. You can make anything exciting with interesting, informative, and often humorous whiteboard animations!
How To Use Whiteboard Animation For Marketing?
Due to their versatility, affordability, and convincing power, whiteboard animations are the perfect addition to any company’s marketing campaign. So, here are some applications and tips to help you get started with whiteboard animations for marketing-
1. Information campaigns
Whiteboard animations are perfect for informational campaigns as they can deliver a lot of information quickly and creatively. You can use them to create interesting illustrations and characters and convey information in an engaging story for maximum impact.
They are especially useful when you’re introducing something new, or you need to create a highly accurate, detailed, and information-rich video that is still engaging.
2. Homepage and landing page videos
Good whiteboard animations can create a great first impression when placed on a homepage or landing page. With their engaging storytelling, engrossing visuals, and lively voiceovers, good whiteboard animation videos boost the convincing and conversion power of your website manifold.
And that’s not all! Videos on important pages are effective for SEO as well. This is because whiteboard animations create the scope for video SEO, increase your traffic, and raise the time spent by viewers on the page. These together boost your website rankings.
Whiteboard animations are instrumental in sharing key information while also making people aware and excited. This makes them ideal for use as trailers for new products and services. They are especially useful for complex or highly innovative technological products.
4. Celebrating milestones
The powerful storytelling aspect of whiteboard animation makes them perfect for presenting the history and achievements of your business in a way that impresses the audience. Yes, history is not always interesting, but explainer videos can change that!
5. Make your message multilingual and accessible
Whiteboard videos and their voiceovers can be easily edited to incorporate various languages. So, you can make multiple versions of the same animation in different languages. This naturally makes your marketing more inclusive and helps you reach out to a global audience.
Moreover, you can easily make whiteboard animations more accessible by adding audio descriptions, adding captions, and subtitles, applying color choices, re-drawing, and trans-creation.
Whiteboard Animation Creation Process
The production of whiteboard animation is relatively quick and affordable compared to other marketing videos. But it is still a complex and time-taking process! Here are the steps to make whiteboard animations that boost your conversions-
- Firstly, you must create a topic based on your offering, audience, ongoing trends, and market conditions.
- This is followed by scriptwriting. Here, you must ensure that all key aspects of your offering or idea are covered in an interesting story format that your audience will like.
- Next, you need to create rough drafts of the animations to form guidelines for animators.
- This is followed by the production steps, which include-
- Create the main content
- Record the voiceover
- Make the starting and ending animations
- Organize the animations and make guides
- Record any involved videos
- Match up the sound and video perfectly
- Make final edits and include relevant music
- Now, you can publish the exported video on the correct platforms as per your marketing strategy and continue to share it on various mediums as required.
You can either use in-house teams and software to develop a whiteboard animation for marketing or outsource the work to an experienced design agency to ensure high-quality results.
What Are The Time And Cost Involved In Creating A Whiteboard Animation?
A great whiteboard animation video requires proper research and a lengthy production process. So, a whiteboard video of one minute may take approximately 4-6 days to complete and may go up to 10 days or more, depending on the editing and revisions required.
Coming to the cost, a 30-second video can cost between $2000 – $4500 or more. But you can generally reduce costs by going with 2D motion graphics instead of traditional or 3D animation.
Tips To Create An Effective Whiteboard Animation?
84% of people say they were convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video of the brand on it. This is a great opportunity that you can reap with whiteboard animations, but your animations must stand out from the competition to help you gain an edge over the rest.
So, here are some pro tips to help you create outstanding whiteboard animations that engage and convert your audience within seconds-
- Use simple animations- Adding too many graphics and text can make your message unclear and overwhelming. So, make sure your animations focus on highlighting important information in a catchy manner and not on decoration!
- Emphasize the value you are offering- Your audience will be interested only if they understand the value the video offers them personally. So, your video should start by clearly stating how you aim to help viewers. Moreover, the entire video must be relatable and empathetic for viewers instead of just stating information.
- Use clear, lively, and concise language- Both your text and voiceovers must be pleasant, brief, and easily understandable, or your audience may lose interest.
It should also match the tone of the message, the audiences’ choices, and your brand positioning. Also, keep the voiceover moderately paced to ensure easy note-taking.
- Use color wisely to grab the viewer’s attention- Sketch art videos are mostly black and white, but you should include some color to bring attention to your key message.
The Bottom Line
Whiteboard animations are the beautiful union of old-school hand-drawn explanations and modern audio-visual content. They provide a highly versatile and convincing medium to explain and promote complex offerings.
As a result, you can use high-quality whiteboard videos to promote your offerings effectively on all digital platforms. Just select a reputed and experienced design agency like Infobrandz and start creating your own whiteboard animations now!